First and foremost, living a simple and natural life to me can be summed up by what the Apostle Paul says in the book of Romans paraphrased here: … Offer yourselves as a living sacrifice to God, dedicated to his service and pleasing to him. But here is a more nuts and bolts description of just a few of the things that I have done over the years to try to live a more natural life. Some were simple changes, others took a little more time, and some I’m still working towards!
- Eating healthy whole foods as much as possible! Homegrown vegetables and homecooked meals are the best!
- Removing processed foods and refined sugars from our diet and choosing organic as much as possible, especially clean meats and dairy products.
- Removing toxic cleaning products from the house and replacing with natural cleaners.
- Not using a microwave – We removed ours from the house more than 10 years ago and have never missed it! Well actually the only time I miss it is the day after Thanksgiving when I want to heat up a plate of leftovers. But I just heat it on the stove or in the oven.
- Trying to stay away from WiFi and cellular waves as much as possible -that can be challenging in today’s world. We still run DSL in the house.
- Try to wear mostly cotton clothing, organic cotton being the best!
- Using very few skin care, makeup products, and commercial fragrances.
- Try to avoid watching too much television and/or internet
- Getting outdoors and exercising a lot!
- Going gray naturally and loving being myself!
2 thoughts on “What Does Living Naturally Mean to Me?”